Having Ambitious Goals is not Enough
We all want to improve our lives in some way, even if it is something as small as having a calmer morning routine or being able to leave work on time.
Achieving your ambitious goals for professional success as a newcomer in Sweden means taking a step-by-step approach:
- You must first have a plan
- Then split the plan into smaller chunks of manageable tasks
- When you have put the plan together all you need to do is show up
- Show up daily to reach your goals
- Document what you are doing for accountability
- Enjoy your success!
I have tested many time management techniques. By applying those that worked for me I can leave work on time and I usually have a fantastic start to the day.
Your Tweaks Should Be Scalable
To be successful in an international job placement requires effort, make no mistake it will be hard work. What I focus on is finding the tweaks that are “scalable” even on a personal level. What can I do that generate great results without demanding a great deal of time?
My Motivational Mojo series is free to sign-up to and is where I share some of the tips, tricks and tech tools that will help you to achieve those all-important work goals as you get used to living in Sweden.
Three Ways I Set Myself Up For Success:
- My mornings are a good example of setting yourself up for success. Meditating every morning for 10-15 minutes prepares me for the day. I have many reasons for meditating, improving my focus and training my brain are the primary ones.
- My 5-minute journal is next to my bed. I start each day thinking of what I’m grateful for and how I can make this day great. It is great for attitude. Why not try it?
- When I get to the office I have a clear plan and list of my three most important things to do. If I do nothing else that day, these three things should be done. Know yourself and how you work. Usually, I want to complete them before lunch.
After lunch, I run out of gas for focused work. This improved work model allows me to leave work at least two hours earlier than I have the previous 20 years!
Make More of Your Time by Signing Up to Mojo
These small habit changes save me a lot of time. Try it and you will see the results. Also, remember to give it a real chance for at least 90 days. Like planting a tree, you won’t see much above ground growth in the beginning. Yet, underneath a solid root system is developing. You will be a steady and beautiful tree in time.
Find out how to make more of your time here and fulfill your ambitions join our Mojo motivational series today.